It's rumored that Chuck Norris's tears can cure cancer. Too bad Chuck Norris has never cried.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Historical day at Piasa!

It was a great day for the Piasa Martial Arts Academy. We had a Black Belt test of epic proportions this week end. One of the largest groups of testers ever and one of the largest panels of judges we have ever had. There are so many things that could be said about the test, and all of them good. We had the ladies that showed us true grit and toughness. We had the youngsters that showed us courage and heart expected of much older people. And we had the "Old" fellas show us that they weren't so old after all. Of the judging panel, we had some that have been around a while (20 plus years), we had transplants that have found a new home, we had the younger judges (the next generation), we even had a guest judge. I will also take a moment to congratulate Mr. Johny, he was able to see his first students to achieve Black Belt. We all got to see some blood, sweat and tears (and not just from the testers, I saw several spectators with damp eyes). I have many pictures to post that I promise to get to soon. If you have any you would like me to post, get them to me and I will see what I can do.There is too much for me to talk about, so I will end with the fact that it was a proud week end for the school. You all did great. I encourage any one who wants to, to leave a comment and tell us a memory you have from the test or tell the testers in your own words what you think.

4 comments:

Jenni Davis said...

I would like to thank all of the Black belts that came both days to judge and even a couple that just watched. It was great to see all of them for this event and I know it meant alot to the testers. I would also like to thank Sonny and Johnny for all their hardwork and dedication. I am proud that my family is a part of this extended family.

Bruce said...

we are proud to accept them.

Corey B said...

Congratulations to all who tested; the dedication shown by the Hattons is incredible and I too am proud to be a part of this extended family. The support that the Hattons receive from all their students is a direct display of respect that everyone has for them and it helps all students excel and helps to develop a true sense of camaraderie in all.

Matt said...

It was truly a great day for Piasa Martial Arts! I have been out of action for a while, but was very happy to see all the familiar faces, be it black belts, colored belts, and family and friends showing support. A huge congrats to all the testers, our new black belt family: Jim, Alex, Brianna, Mark, Luke, Julie, Katie, and Jared all did a great job, and I'm anxious to see them carry on the traditional teachings they've put so much time into achieving. A big thanks to Mr. Hatten and everyone that made this day possible!